SBIR Accounting & Government Contract Accounting Services
To keep your company moving forward through the different phases of grants and commercialization, Moker CPA has a team of accountants that understand DCAA compliance. With over 15 years of SBIR accounting, government contracting, and human resources experience, we’re confident we can help take your business to the next level.
Moker CPA was founded as an entrepreneurial firm in 2002 to provide small businesses and start-up organizations with easy-to-understand, affordable and sustainable financial recordkeeping and reporting systems. In other words, we are here to allow you to do what your company does best; research, invent, and coming up with life changing solutions, while we handle the accounting side. Making your company less stressful by knowing your numbers, and more profitable because your’e putting your attention where it belongs. Take a look at our SBIR accounting services below to see how Moker CPA can help you today!
Federal Award Compliance Services
- Quickbooks Desktop chart of accounts (segregated by direct [by job], indirect [by indirect rate], and unallowable cost pools)
- Access to our SBIR Academy and 2 hours of one-on-one training to educate government contractors.
- Prepare financial-related reports as required by federal award during the term of this engagement (FFR, SF-425, etc., when applicable).
- Prepare proposed billing rate proposal (PBR) as necessary.
- Prepare final vouchers for contract closeouts, as required, by cognizant federal agency.
- Assist in any financial/indirect rate-related audit inquiries by the awarding agency during the term of this engagement, including related negotiations.
- Prepare annual incurred cost submission (ICS) when required.
Financial/General Grant Solutions
- Analyze QB data and recommend necessary adjustments on a quarterly basis.
- Accounting system training on chart of accounts coding, billing, timekeeping and labor distribution.
- Assitance with CAAR review
- Maintain federal awards contract control sheet including budget v. actuals, indirect rate and modification history, contract limitations, and cumulative and remaining federal funds.
- Compute actual indirect rates and compare to provisional rates on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with proposal budgets when applicable.
- Additional Awards (base fee includes up to three awards with a total value of less than $1.5 million)
Timekeeping & Bookkeeping
- Collect client-approved timesheets and prepare labor distribution analysis. Enter labor distribution in QB in preparation of grant billings and budget v. actual analysis.
- Collect client-coded and approved vendor bills and expense, as well as process payments as necessary. Enter transactions in QB in preparation of grant billings and budget v. actual analysis.
- Collect client-coded and approved credit card transactions, as well as process payments as necessary. Enter transactions in QB in preparation of grant billings and budget v. actual analysis.
- Reconcile bank and credit card (if applicable) accounts on a monthly basis.
- Process payroll using ADP based on client payroll frequency.
- Our exclusive LMS to teach compliance and best practices to SBIR companies.
- Developing DCAA compliant time systems.
- An in-depth example of an employee’s work week.
- Training on Direct Costs, Fringe Costs, Overhead Costs, G&A Costs, and Unallowable Costs.
- Setting up your company in QuickBooks.
- DCAA-compliant QuickBooks chart of accounts.
- QuickBooks turn-key company file.
- Sample timesheet template.
- Properly segregate costs by Customer:Job feature.
- Budgeting for your award.
- Understanding Timekeeping, Payroll, and Labor Distrubtion.